Excited about children gaining a love of learning? Want to be part of a team of professionals who do great work and are kind to one another? If so, Springboard to Learning is for you!
Job Title: Part-time Office Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Schedule: 20 hours per week. Typically, between 8:30 am – 5:30 pm in office
ABOUT SPRINGBOARD TO LEARNING
Located in the city of St. Louis, Springboard to Learning is the largest area provider of arts-integrated educational programs, serving the bi-state area for more than 55 years. The mission of Springboard is to develop children’s abilities to think critically, create, collaborate, and communicate. Springboard to Learning envisions a future where all children are passionate, engaged learners who experience success. Springboard to Learning team members embody the characteristics of its mission. Learn more at www.springboardstl.org.
The Office Administrator is responsible for performing core services and managing processes that support the Springboard to Learning mission. This position provides administrative support to the ED and Springboard team, assists with payroll processing, HR and is the first point of contact with the public. The Office Administrator ensures the proper functioning of the Springboard office by interacting with the facility management company and other vendors. This position also provides limited backup support to the Springboard Development Team.
• Provides administrative support to the ED, including maintenance of the ED schedule and meeting arrangements.
• Provides friendly customer service as the first point of contact by phone and with visitors.
• Acts as a liaison to the Springboard Board of Directors, preparing meeting notices, meeting materials, and maintains board and committee meeting agendas and minutes.
• Ensures Springboard facilities are operating properly, efficiently and provides a suitable working environment for employees. Serves as primary interface with facilities management, IT, and vendors.
• Negotiates equipment-related contracts to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs. Reviews costs regularly.
• Ensures office equipment, such as copiers and fax machines are functioning properly and maintains proper levels of office/other supplies.
• Processes payroll through Paychex.
• Assists Accountant, providing documents necessary for monthly financial statements and annual audit.
• Processes check payments and online credit card donations.
• Processes mail.
• Manages HR recordkeeping and employee benefits, including employee and independent contractor onboarding and off boarding.
• Assists with fundraising events, as needed.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• High School diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication, excellent grammar.
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through skill.
• Ability to be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Paychex, Microsoft Office, Excel and with database management.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Multi-lingual candidates will be given strong consideration.
This is a part-time position, requiring a minimum of 20 hours per week. Normal business hours are 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. For this part-time role details and work mode will be discussed individually.
To apply for this position, please send the following information via email to [email protected]:
(1) A cover letter describing your experience.
(2) Your resume outlining your educational qualifications and professional experiences.
(3) Names, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references and three personal references.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.