Excited about children gaining a love of learning? Want to be part of a team of professionals who do great work and are kind to one another? If so, Springboard to Learning is for you!
Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Schedule: Typically, between 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, hybrid of remote and in-person.
Salary: $75,000 – $90,000
ABOUT SPRINGBOARD TO LEARNING
Springboard to Learning believes that meaningful, memorable learning experiences transform a child’s worldview. This belief drives our mission to develop children’s abilities to think critically, create, collaborate, and communicate. Springboard to Learning envisions a future where all children are passionate, engaged learners who experience success. With a combined history of 115 years as Springboard to Learning and Young Audiences, Springboard is the largest area provider of arts-integrated educational programs delivered through residencies, workshops, and performances. Springboard is committed to building a diverse team. Learn more at www.springboardstl.org.
The Chief Development Officer plays an important role in leading and assisting the Executive Director in achieving fund development goals through communication and implementation of comprehensive development plan and donor relationship building. This position will grow Springboard to Learning’s annual fundraising efforts through individual gifts, a monthly giving club, direct mail, sponsorship, and special event management. The CDO will work comfortably in an environment of measurable accountability.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• With the Executive Director (ED), develop and execute annual Development and Stewardship Plan.
• With the ED, drive fundraising goals to completion through individual gifts, a monthly giving program, special event tickets, auction, and sponsorship.
• With ED and Marketing Manager, provide special event oversight, including recruitment of event contestants and supervision of special event coaches.
• With ED develop annual fundraising budget.
• Develop strong donor relationships, understanding motivations and expectations.
• Serve as an ex-officio member of the Resource Development Committee.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Undergraduate degree.
• Major Gift and special event fundraising experience preferred.
• Development and/or sales experience preferred.
• Passion for arts-integrated educational programming, preferred.
• Proven ability to build strong relationships with donors and volunteers.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and donor software.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Results oriented.
• Strong critical thinking skills.
• Dedication to donor stewardship.
• Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrating effectiveness, efficiency, integrity, and ability to deliver high quality service.
• Proven ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness with attention to detail.
• Ability to work with a diverse population.
• Multilingual candidates are given strong consideration.
• Ability to work effectively using a PC.
• Ability to drive.
This position offers the ability to work remotely when in-office presence is not required. This position offers flexibility regarding specific days and hours worked during the normal business week. This position offers an Executive Director advancement opportunity. To apply for this position, please send the following information via email to: HR@Springboardstl.org:
(1) A cover letter describing your experience.
(2) Your resume outlining your educational qualifications and professional experiences.
(3) Names, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references and three personal references.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.