Arts & Learning Packs
What are Arts & Learning Packs?
Arts & Learning Packs are small kits of hands-on arts activities designed for students to create at home. They include a set of written and visual instructions, providing rich, arts-education experiences that connect with curricular content without requiring access to technology. Packs can be distributed to students and families by Teaching Artists, or through pre-determined special arrangement.
For more information, please contact Program Facilitation Director Brenda Butler at [email protected].
Each Pack Includes:
- Activity Materials.
- Printed step-by-step instructions to complete the project without internet access.
- Fine arts standards and, at times, other academic applicable standards addressed with each Pack.
- Additional supports if internet access is available, including online video links.
The goal of Arts & Learning Packs:
- Students will receive rich, arts-integrated experiences that connect with curricular content and don’t require access to technology.
- Families will be provided with resources to supplement at-home learning.
- Teachers will learn valuable teaching strategies for engaging learners through the arts.
Invent a wind-up flying machine that explores the transfer of potential to kinetic energy.
Peek Through Your Window
Use your creativity, perspective & imagination to create photos that tell stories about your world.
Origami Finger Puppets
Use your imagination to enhance literacy skills through pretend play and creative storytelling.
Play + Pinch
Explore clay strategies through play, and invent your own artmaking techniques and approaches.
Explore lines, shapes and forms to build and rebuild structures by yourself or with partners.
Three Little What-zits & The Big Bad Who-zit
Fracture a favorite fairytale, create props, and perform your new story for family and friends.